Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some pictures from Japan Part 1 of 3

This is part One of a Three-part posting of pictures so far from my time in Japan. This post will consist mainly of random pictures, while the other two will contain pictures from two specific days, which I will cover in those posts. I hope you enjoy!

When I saw these paw prints here, I knew everything would be okay since bulldogs had been treading here!
A beautiful Sakura bloom
I found my favorite flowers in Japan!
I think we were still on the grounds of the Imperial Palace for this picture. I'm honestly not sure.
I saw this mask on the ground in the square of Nishi-Koyama. Probably around forty percent of the people you see on the street are wearing masks like these. It is somewhat disturbing, but you get used to it eventually.
I had to take a picture of these!
I think the main reason behind these signs is something to do with not crossing the street when the light is green if children are around, but I mainly took the picture because of the adult. It looks like a soldier wearing a helmet with freakishly long arms...
I saw these heads earlier one morning. It was very funny to see at six in the morning.
I love these exit signs. Not only do they point to an exit, it shows a man exiting!
This is the neighborhood where the church we have class at is located. I do not know the name of it, but it is pretty neat.
Tokyo sunrise
As I sated in my last post, "Welcome to Senzoku", BOSS coffee had a great many vending machines distributing coffee, which is warmed for consumption. And Tommy Lee Jones is their main spokesperson!

Here is another picture of Hachiko. I love this dog, this statue, this story. Look up the story here.
Tokyo sunset seen from the girls' house.
The same Tokyo sunset
This is Taiyaki in the process of being made. It is the bane of my existence. I cannot stop eating them... This shop is in Nishi-Koyama, and this past Monday, the owner gave me a stamp card where I think I get a free one every tenth fish. It will not take long...
End of part one...

2 comments:

  1. Did you check for Doc Fogelsong creeping around those daffodils? You might want to go back and make sure that they are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a Taiyaki? It looks like it involves chocolate.

    ReplyDelete