Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Rainy Day in Tokyo

So it's been raining off and on all day here. I had already not planned on venturing out (other than to Mister Donut this morning!), and that definitely solidified that line of thinking. It's been a good day of relaxing and hanging out, and I also got a chance to talk to my dad and to Shaun! Now, I think we're about to play some kind of board game, which I have honestly been waiting to do all day... :) I hope you enjoy these simple photos from earlier!

This is from across the street from the station






I bought this umbrella today because of the rain. Fortunately, I never had to use it. Right now it is traveling with my friends in Akihabara, otherwise known as Electric City here in Tokyo. I got the opportunity to pray with the guys before going out, setting a hedge of protection around them as they traveled into the enemy's domain. It was exciting, for one of them felt led to "get prepared" by anointing all of us with oil, but by putting it under our eyes as you would eye black before a football or baseball game. It was pretty legit. I am praying that their time was fruitful!




One of the more common parking lots!


A view from our back door.

1 comment: